Centre for Translation Studies
game bài casino
Use of corpora in translation studies
Centre for Translation Studies, University of Leeds, develops and hosts a range of large representative corpora in a variety of languages (including English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Polish and Russian). Some corpora are available in-house only (because of copyright restrictions), while others can be accessed freely. The list of all corpora is available from game bài casino.
Intellitext is a recent project funded by AHRC. It produced a versatile and intuitive interface offering a simple step-by-step approach to performing a corpus search. First-time and inexperienced corpus users can use the IntelliText Search Builder and Part-of-Speech Editor to build multi-word phrases and add grammatical information to their corpus queries – without having to enter complex string codes. Users may choose from seven search options:
Click here for the Intellitext interface
- Concordance search [all languages]
- Collocation search [all languages]
- Affix search [all languages]
- Comparison of the frequency of two or more competing words or phrases [all languages]
- Frequency lists [all languages]
- Genre classification [German, Japanese, Russian]
- Multivariate analysis [English only]
Click here to enter the corpus. Please, send your comments, suggestions and criticisms to Serge Sharoff, s.sharoff.
Click here to see the list of other available corpora.
Notice on privacy & cookies